This recipe is very simple! Almost too easy for how delicious it is. Sometimes all you need is a combination of a few really beautiful ingredients to make something memorable.
Gnocchi (or as my family pronounces it, “Naki”) has always been my most beloved pasta dish! I just love the texture of the dumplings and how they soak up the flavor of the dish. Cappello’s gnocchi is different in the fact that it is gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free. Let me tell you though, you honestly would never know the difference!
Cappello’s Gnocchi with Salmon and Spinach
Prep Time- 5 minutes
Cook Time- 10 minutes
- 1 package of Cappello’s Gnocchi
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cups of spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan to medium-high heat. (Make sure not to place the fish on the pan until hot.) Once hot, place the salmon onto the pan and cover with 3-4 slices of lemon. Allow to cook for about 2-3 minutes each side or until the center is opaque. Set aside.
- While the fish is cooking, begin to boil a pot with 3 inches of salted water. Once the water has come to a boil add the gnocchi.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan to medium-high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic in the heated pan. Once the onion has become tender, add the chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Then add the cooked gnocchi, salmon, dried basil, and spinach to the frying pan with a little more olive oil.
- Allow the ingredients to cook down and combine. Serve warm with parmesan cheese.