Candy and cocktails… Count me in! There are so many dishes and flavors I love when it comes to fall, but there’s only a few that really take me back to my childhood. One of my favorites being the Caramel Apple Suckers!
Reminiscing on my childhood, I just had to buy a package of these delicious tart and creamy caramel candies on my last Target run.
My idea of turning the innocent bag on suckers into a delicious cocktail stemmed from my time in Savannah! Downtown there was an adorable little martini bar that offered about 50 different candy or dessert inspired martinis. It was such a fun idea!
Enjoy my take on a Caramel Apple Sucker! It’s fall in a cup and great to make a large batch of for any party!
Caramel Apple Bourbon
- 2 ounces Bullet Bourbon
- 4 ounces Apple Cider
- Cinnamon (garnish)
- Caramel Apple Sucker (garnish)
- 1 ounce Caramel Syrup:
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 6 ounces water, divided
- Place sugar and 1/4 cup water into a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan over high heat. Whisk gently until sugar has dissolved and mixture comes to a rolling boil.
Allow mixture to continue cooking over high heat, BUT do not stir!! The sugar will become a golden amber in color.
- Stand back from the pan slightly and carefully add remaining 4 ounces of water (The mixture will pop and sputter as you do this). Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until mixture has reduced slightly and is sticky. Transfer liquid to a heatproof container to cool.
- To make a cocktail, combine ingredients in a shaker with lots of ice. Top and shake vigorously.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with caramel apple sucker and cinnamon!