As many of you know from your childhood or last family birthday outing, the Japanese Hibachi Grill Restaurants have the best salad… Yes I said salad! Screw the flying shrimp you catch in your mouth and onion volcano… I dream about the dressing on my favorite Benihana Salad! It’s actually addicting, so why not have it in my fridge at all times??
You’re welcome. Here is my perfected recipe to the addicting tany Carrot Ginger Dressing! Feel free to put in on just about everything!
Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 1/2 lb carrots (3 medium), coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Pulse carrots in a food processor until finely ground. Add chopped ginger, chopped shallots, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt and pulse until ginger and shallots are minced. With motor running, add vegetable oil slowly.
- Transfer mixture to a blender. Add 1/4 cup water and blend until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Thin dressing with additional water if desired.