Having half of my family in Minnesota where casseroles are a must; this Cheesy Potato Casserole has been a tradition that cannot be missed! This dish has definitely been a crowd favorite through out the years.
Warning: If you make once, you will be expected to make it every year!
Cheesy Potato Casserole
Prep- 10 min
Cook- 50 min
- 2 cups sour cream
- Cheddar Mild Shredded Cheese, 16 oz
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking dish (13×9) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese, onion and hash browns until well mixed. Spoon evenly into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cereal and butter. Sprinkle evenly on top of hash brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if desired. Garnish with additional sliced green onion if you’d like!