Looking for the perfect appetizer? This pull apart bread takes just a few minutes to throw together and is definitely a crowd pleaser!
Each bite is a great combination of creamy yet fresh flavors, which are all brought by the addicting basil dipping sauce!
Chicken Caprese Pull-Apart Bread
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 chicken breasts, baked and thinly shredded (using two forks)
- 3/4 cup spinach, cooked and drained of excess water (or frozen and thawed)
- 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF
2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, chicken, tomatoes, spinach, parmesan, mozzarella, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
3. Place the two sheets of puff pastry on a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
4. Using a dinner plate as a guide, cut out equal size circles from both sheets. Remove the top sheet.
6. On the bottom sheet, spread the Caprese mixture. Lay the other sheet of puff pastry on top.
8. Take a glass and place it in the center of the circle. Using a knife, cut away from the edge of the glass to create 12 equally spaced strips.
10. Take each strip and twist. Brush with beaten egg. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, or until golden.
CREAMY BASIL DIPPING SAUCE:
¾ cup light sour cream
¾ cup mayonnaise
½ cup shredded parmesan
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
crushed garlic to taste
pinch of pepper and salt
Mix all the ingredients. Refrigerate for 2 hours or so to let the flavors come together.