- 4 Banana’s (cut in half, 8 frozen Banana’s)
- 1 bag of vegan chocolate chips (semi sweet, white, or dark)
- 8 popsicle sticks
Topping Suggestions: Chopped pistachios, slivered almonds, shredded coconut, chopped peanuts, chocolate drizzle, peanut butter drizzle (recipe below).
- Peel and cut the bananas in half crosswise, so that you have 8 pieces. Place peeled bananas on sticks. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Place bananas on the sheet in baking the freezer. Allow the bananas to freeze for about 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Heat the chocolate. Begin by filling the saucepan with hot water from the tap. You want enough water to provide heat, but not so much that the bottom of the chocolate bowl touches the water. Heat the saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to simmer, then turn off the stove and place the bowl of chocolate over the water. Let the chocolate begin to melt, and then stir it gently with a plastic spatula. Stir continuously until it is shiny, smooth, and completely melted.
- I suggest putting the chocolate in a tall glass to more easily coat the banana. Next, set up all of the toppings you want to use.
- Once the bananas are frozen, dip them into the chocolate and add your preferred toppings! Place the dipped banana back onto the baking sheet lined with wax paper. Allow to freeze completely for another hour or so until eating!
Peanut Butter drizzle-
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of almond milk
In a heavy bottom saucepan on a medium heat, add peanut butter and almond milk. Continually mix until the two ingredients have come together. ( If you feel the drizzle needs a little more liquid, feel free to add another splash!) Put peanut butter mixture in a plastic baggy and cut a small part of the corner.