Chorizo & Potato Breakfast Tacos
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Mexican chorizo sausages (about 8 oz.) , casings removed
4 ounces new potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 medium). 4.5 oz canned green chiles chopped 1 thinly sliced jalapeño 3 thinly sliced radishes 1 avocado diced into small cubes 1 can of black beans, drained 1/2 cup of cotija cheese, crumbled 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
6 large eggs
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
6 6″ flour tortillas, warmed Sliced limes and cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Toss the cubed potatoes with the green chilies, chili powder, cayenne, and a little salt and pepper. Mix until the potatoes are evenly coated. Transfer onto a medium sized sheet pan and place in the preheated oven for about 25 min or until the potatoes are soft and crispy.
- Meanwhile, put the black beans into a blender with a little salt and pepper, juice of 1/2 a lime, and a little cilantro (optional). Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Heat a large cast-iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high. Add 1 Tbsp. oil and reserved chorizo. Cook, breaking chorizo into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, 4–6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Heat tortillas in a dry medium skillet over medium until hot and lightly toasted (or wrap them in damp paper towels and heat in a microwave for about 20 seconds). Wrap in damp paper towels and keep warm between 2 plates.
- Heat skillet over medium and add 1 Tbsp. of butter. Add egg mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until barely set, about 2 minutes. Return sausage to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until reheated, about 2 minutes.
- Place tortillas each on plates, spread the bean mixture evenly among the tortillas, and divide egg mixture among tortillas. Top with cheese, jalapeño, radish, avocado, and cilantro. Enjoy!