Artisanal toast… a trend that has taken off like crazy and even as much as I roll my eyes at the trend, I do admit I have a hard time passing up avocado toast on any brunch menu. The toast below uses ricotta, which is similar the creaminess of the traditional avocado. The creaminess pairs well with the citrus punch and earthiness of the pistachios and pine nuts!
Citrus Ricotta Toast
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
– 4 Thick whole wheat toast, cut into thick 1 inch slices
– 1 cup of ricotta cheese
-1 tbsp of pesto
-Variety of oranges (Blood Orange, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Naval Orange, ect.) Cut into very thin slices
-Garnish with crushed Pistachio Nuts
-Garnish with Pine Nuts
-Salt & Pepper
- Toast the thick slices of bread until golden brown and crispy.
- Mix the ricotta and pesto in a small bowl and then spread over the toasted bread.
- Place the slices of oranges over the ricotta spread. Usually 3-4 slices per toast.
- Drizzle each slice with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Garnish with pistachio and pine nuts. Enjoy!