Holiday Peppermint Bark
- 12ounces quality white chocolate
- 12ounces quality dark chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Line a 9×12 pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave – cook 30 seconds in a heat-proof bowl, stir and repeat until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate on the parchment paper, spread the chocolate using a spatula or hitting the pan against the countertop until it is about 1/3″ thick.
- Melt the white chocolate, using the steps above. After the chocolate is smooth, pour it on top of the dark chocolate – trying to make the layers the same thickness. This works best with a spatual. I even made swirls with the spatual to pull up some of the dark chocolate for a nice design!
- Unwrap the peppermints and put them into a heavy duty ziplock bag. Using a meat tenderizer or heavy object, crush the mints and then sprinkle on top of the soft chocolate.