Granola plays a huge role in my morning routine and it’s crucial for me know that what I think is a healthy start, actually is. Many of the pre-packaged granolas at the grocery store contain more fat, sugars, and salt that is actually needed. Simply making granola homemade only takes 35 minutes at most and you can be confident in exactly what ingredients go into it.
Prep Time- 5 minutes
Cook Time- 30 minutes
- 4 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup chai seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup of dried cranberries or preferred dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, pecans, quinoa, cinnamon, and salt.
- Whisk together the coconut oil and honey. Drizzle syrup over oat mixture; toss with a wooden spoon.
- Pour granola onto sheet pan and spread evenly. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden (about 30 minutes). Let granola cool completely on a wire rack. Add dried fruit.
- Break up the granola and store in an airtight container.