The spring weather today has inspired me to create this colorful fresh kale salad! The combination of fresh crisp kale and beets against the creamy avocado and goat cheese just might be deadly!
This salad is the perfect pop of color to any table, whether it’s for lunch, dinner, or served as a side!
I mean look at these beets! It amazes me that something this beautiful can come from nature itself! Not only delicious raw, these Zebra beets are also fantastic roasted.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 avocado
- 4 cups of kale
- 1 zebra beet
- 1/2 cup of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the washed beet in half, and using a madoline slicer, slice the beets into thin circles and put into medium-large bowl.
- Take the kale leaves of the stalk and chop into bite size pieces, put in medium-large bowl.
- Peel the avocado and slice into thin slices, also add to the bowl.
- In a ho\t frying pan, toast the slivered almonds until lightly browned. (Make sure to keep an eye on these, it’s very easy to burn them!)
- Once the almonds are toasted, plate the kale, avocado, and beets on your serving dish. Top with the goat cheese and toasted almonds.
- Once plated, mix the dressing ingredients and drizzle the dressing over the salad. Top with pepper and sea salt.