Winner winner chicken dinner! This recipe could not be more perfect for this chilly weather, when all I want is something fast and warm!
Don’t be afraid have some fun with changing up the ingredients in the one-pan recipe too! Your options are endless. This recpie is just one I have found to be my personal favorite! This is also a really great recipe to adjust to what veggies are in season.
One-Pan Chicken Thighs & Vegetables
Serves about 5 -6 guests
- 6-7 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 large Sweet potatoes (mine were purple sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 small to medium Red onions, cut into large chunks
- 1 lb. little potatoes (assorted colors)
- About 2 cups of small heirloom tomatoes
- Assorted mushrooms (your choice- but I suggest thick and meaty!)
- 1 lemon cut into thin slices
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 tsp of Cumin (for chicken)
- A few sprigs of dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt, peper, and a little cumin.
- Place the chicken, potatoes, onions, and mushrooms onto a rimmed cookie sheet. Drizzle on the olive oil and season veggies with salt and pepper. Place the sprigs of thyme over the top.
- About half way through the cooking proccess, add the tomatoes (about 12 min). Roast for 25-28 min. or until chicken reads 165F. Serve warm!