It’s 5 degrees outside today and I have very little to no motivation to even step outside into the frozen Windy City! Grocery shopping… no thank you! So quickly I became a contestant on the show Chopped with my fridge of 5 ingredients being my “basket.”
Now I wasn’t given the challenge of wasabi candy canes or banana ketchup…. but rather chicken breasts, vegetable stock, Brussels sprouts, onions, and carrots! Probably the easiest Chopped basket ever given. Not much of a “challenge,” but one pretty darn good soup on such a cold day!
One Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
-3 cups of shredded Rotisserie Chicken or Cooked Chicken Breast
-2 cups of roughly chopped carrots
-2 cups of shredded Brussels sprouts (Really great pre packaged shredded Brussels sprouts at the grocery store!)
– 1/2 an onion roughly chopped
-1 cup whole grain egg noodles or quinoa noodles
-5 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
-1tsp of paprika
-Salt and pepper to taste
-Parsley and Basil for garnish and a pop of fresh flavor!
- Shred the cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken with two forks and set aside in a bowl.
- In a large pot, add the vegetable stock, pasta, chopped onion, carrots, and Brussels sprouts. Add the salt, pepper, paprika.
- On a medium heat, allow the ingredients to simmer until the carrots and pasta are soft. (About 15 minutes)
- Add the shredded chicken into the pot. Allow to cook with the soup for about 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley and basil. Enjoy!