Summer means Famers Markets and beautiful fresh produce, so why not celebrate with a few of my favorite healthy salad recipes! Check out these 4 quick and simple recipes below and feel free to get a little creative with your own favorite ingredients!
4 Healthy Summer Salads Recipes
1. Kale Cobb Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 pound of Baked Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Canned Corn
- 1/2 cup Sliced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Avocado
- 6 cups of Kale
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Ranch Dressing Mix
1. Cube the cooked chicken breats and set aside.
2. Start on the dressing. In a blender or food processor, puree the avocado, greek yogurt, and Ranch Dressing Mix until smooth and creamy.
3. In a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients (Kale, avocado, tomatoes, corn, chicken). Evenly pour the dressing over the ingredients and toss! Makes sure that the dressing covers all of the salad. Enjoy!
2. Tropical Shrimp Salad
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh diced pineapple
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/8 cup Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- pinch of salt
- To prepare dressing, whisk all of the ingredients together. Set aside.
- Prepare all of your salad toppings, chop the pepper, slice the avocado, and dice the pineapple
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add shrimp to pan in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and paprika. Cook 2 minutes per side or until they are bright pink and opaque in the middle.
- Assemble salads and drizzle with dressing.
3. Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 15 grape tomatoes, halved (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled or cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- For the dressing:
- 1 tablespon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and oregano. Pour onto salad and toss again to well combine. Taste and add salt and pepper as you’d like.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate, or serve immediately. Salad is best enjoyed within 2-3 days after making.
4. Spicy Georgia Peach Salad
- 1 Jalapeño pepper (seeded and sliced into thin slices)
- 2 Peaches cut into wedges
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- In a small pan mix the water, vinegar, 1 tbsp honey and salt and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 30 seconds and then remove from the heat.
2. Add the jalapeño and yellow pepper to the brine, and let them chill in the pan until cooled close to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, 1 tsp honey, mustard and avocado oil in a small bowl. Adjust for balanced taste.
4. Arrange peaches, tomatos, and basil leaves equally on two plates. Remove the peppers from the brine with a slotted spoon, and add to the plates. Drizzle the salads with the soy-lime dressing and top it up with crumbled feta cheese.