The ultimate healthy comfort food, this stuffed acorn squash gives you the creamy texture and rich taste with out any regrets. Delicious for lunch… dinner… or special event, this dish is a unique blend of flavors that will leave a memorable impression!
Quinoa Risotto Stuffed Acorn Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
-4 Acorn Squash, cut in half. Scoop out the seeds.
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed under cold water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups low-sodium, fat free chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 4-ounce package fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Once pre-heated, on a sheet pan, drizzle the acorn squash with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 45 minutes to an hour. Until soft and golden brown.
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil, garlic, and sage. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant but does not brown. If the garlic begins to brown, reduce the heat to low. Add the quinoa and cook another minute, stirring once or twice until the garlic in mixed in. Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Cook another minute until most of the liquid is evaporated. Add the broth, and bring to a slow simmer. Cook 10 to 12 minutes until more than half of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the goat cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, the nutmeg, and salt. Stir in the dried cranberries.
- Fill each acorn squash with the Quinoa Risotto. Garnish with micro greens!