I am about ready for these teaser 70 degree “summer days” to turn into the real deal! Last week I enjoyed this delicious grilled flatbread with a glass of red wine on my rooftop, and this week I am battling through the rain in my winter coat on my way to work…
Here is a recipe for one of my favorite vegetarian flatbreads made on the grill in hopes of warmer weather! Enjoy!
Roasted Radish & Brussels Sprout Flatbread
Makes 8 Servings
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/2 tsp. yeast
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 radishes, sliced thick
- 1 cup of light ricotta
- 1 cup of Brussels sprout leaves
- salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Mix water and yeast in the bowl of a mixer and let stand 5 minutes to proof.
2. Mix in 2 cups of flour until well incorporated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place for an hour.
3. Add salt and oil. Add the remaining flour and mix on medium with a dough hook until well-incorporated. Continue mixing for 5-7 minutes to knead the dough. Coat dough in oil, cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 2 1/2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roast the sliced radishes with olive oil, salt, and pepper for about 20 minutes. The radishes will be soft and golden brown. Set aside.
5. Punch down dough, divide into four discs. Cover and let rise for 1/2 hour. Flour hands and spread dough into thin ovals.
6. To grill : Preheat grill. Using a pastry brush, coat one side of the dough oval with olive oil. Toss onto grill—oiled-side down. Close lid and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Open grill and brush top side with oil. Using tongs, flip dough over. Add toppings and ricotta. Close grill lid. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from grill and serve.