I am one to crave a big juicy burger from time to time, but really who isn’t! Below is a recipe that allows you to enjoy those same delicious flavors without the regret! The salmon and quinoa also provide a fantastic boost of protein and vitamins for a healthy heart.
Turkey burgers and black bean burgers are always some of my favorite choices when I go out to eat, but there is always a risk of them being too dry! This Salmon Quinoa Burger definitely does not fall into the same category. The fresh ingredients create a beautifully moist patty, that is heightened by the amazing vegetable toppings!
Give it a try!
- 1 pound fresh salmon, skin removed (about 2 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced garlic
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup capers, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- Dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced avocado
- Thick slice of tomato
- Shredded carrots
- Broccoli sprouts
- Radicchio (red lettuce, that looks like red cabbage), roughly chopped
- Finely chop the salmon into chunks and place into a large bowl.
- Add the quinoa, Dijon, minced garlic, hot sauce, cilantro, and egg to the large bowl with the salmon. Mix to combine, then form into 5 patties, about 1/2 cup each.
- Heat and a grill pan or saucepan on medium heat.
- Build the burger! I suggest putting the sauce on both the top and bottom bun. Start with the avocado or tomato for a steady base to place the burger onto.