Any chance I get to enjoy some BBQ, my “go to” choice is the Pulled Pork! I love the fact that I can really just slather on that BBQ sauce and get it on every last bite. I mean let be honest… I was the girl to dip her french fries, chicken, and just about everything in it.
The day I found out my friend Alex Ivanisevic made his own homemade BBQ sauce, who may I add made us the most amazing (still think about it) Bone in Wagyu Strip at Eddie Merlot’s, I just had to this sauce a try! Alex is currently the talented Sous Chef at Eddie Merlot’s and decided to create his AI BBQ Sauce on the side because he loved the way it made meats look even more delicious to the eye with the shine and caramelization.
He sent me his “Smoke” flavor to try out. Especially with my pulled pork, it’s the perfect pair. The orginal smoke flavor hits you right away leaving you with a sweet tanginess that cuts through the fatty juiciness of the pork flawlessly.
You can get some AI BBQ Sauce of your own by emailing: email@example.com or 630-915-0569
Seriously get it… you’re missing out.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (4-1/2- to 5-pound) boneless or bone-in pork shoulder
- 2 Cups AI BBQ Sauce
- Pretzel Bun
- cup mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 5 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- Place the onions and garlic in an even layer in the slow cooker and pour in the stock or broth. Combine the sugar, chili powder, measured salt, cumin, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork and place the meat on top of the onions and garlic. Cover and cook until the pork is fork tender, about 8 to 10 hours on low.
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove the pork to a cutting board. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a medium heatproof bowl. Pour the onion mixture from the slow cooker through the strainer and return the solids to the slow cooker. Set the strained liquid aside.
- If the pork has a bone, remove and discard it. Using 2 forks, shred the meat into bite-sized pieces, discarding any large pieces of fat. Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker, add the barbecue sauce, if using, and mix to combine.
- Whisk together ingredients for dressing in a medium size bowl until sugar dissolves. Toss with slaw vegetables of choice and allow to refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Toss well before serving.
Make the Sandwich:
- Cut your pretzel Buns in half and pile them high with the pulled pork. Add a little more AI BBQ sauce and top with the homemade coselaw. Get messy and enjoy!