There’s nothing better than seeing fresh organic spring ingredients at the grocery store, especially when majority of these vegetables have such a short season. You really know spring has sprung when you see ramps! Ramps are sometimes called wild leeks or spring onions, look like scallions, but they’re smaller and slightly more delicate.
So here’s a quick salad to celebrate these beautiful Spring flavors!
Spring Salad of Asparagus, Ramp, and Broccolini With Poached Egg and Lemon Zest Vinaigrette
- 1 pound of asparagus, cut about a 1/2 inch off the ends
- 8 ramps, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 bunches of broccolini
- 6-8 radishes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
Lemon Zest Vinaigrette
4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated zest from 1 lemon
1 Tbsp of finely minced fresh basil leaves
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Using 2 sheet pans, spread out the broccolini, Radish, ramps, and asparagus. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for about 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette. Whisk all the ingredients throughly and set aside.
- In a small saucepan to poach the eggs, bring 3 inches of water to a light simmer. Add the vinegar to the water and season with salt. three inches of water to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat until water is just barely making movement. Break one egg into a small bowl. Swirl water in pot with a wooden spoon, then carefully lower egg into the water. Repeat on the next eggs. Cook until whites are set but yolks are still liquid, about 2-3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove eggs and transfer to a bowl filled with warm tap water. Set aside.
- Next, arrange your salad! Drizzle the vinaigrette over the vegetables and add the poached egg on top. Enjoy!