Nothing is better than a dinner that takes less than 25 minutes to make and eat! You’ll honestly probably spend more time peeling the shrimp than it actually takes to make this recipe. Not only simple to make, but the combination of these fresh flavors create a hearty but healthy meal.
Sriracha Honey Shrimp Tacos
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Sriracha Honey Shrimp:
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, finely sliced or shredded
- 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 avocado, small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups of pinneaple, small cubes
- Cilantro, roughly chopped to garnish
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter to the skillet to melt. Stir in the honey, Sriracha, and garlic cloves. When the mixture is simmering, add the shrimp to the pan in a single layer.
- Cook 2 minutes, allowing to get browned and caramelized on one side, then, using tongs, turn the shrimp and finish cooking another 1-2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat. Spoon the pan sauces over the shrimp and sprinkle with cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Red Cabbage Slaw: Toss the cabbage mixture with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and add the white wine vinegar. Whisk together until combined.
- Layout the tortillas and place a little bit of the red cabbage slaw and 3 pieces of shrimp per tortilla. Top with the avocado, pinneaple, sour cream, and cilantro!