These Taco Cups are my “go to” party favorites! I am constantly asked to make them, but secret is they are probably the most low maintenance and quickest appetizers you could make.
The wonton wrappers might seem scary to some, but they are actually an amazing canvas for so many different ingredients! Fried or baked, these wonton wrappers are incredibly easy to work with.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 package of low sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pack of fresh wonton wrappers
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Lettuce, thinly shredded
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt or sour cream
- Chopped green onion, avocado, chives, olives, ect. for toppings
- In a medium-large frying pan brown the ground turkey and onion. Once browned, add the water and taco seasoning. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- Grease a muffin tray ( I prefer small muffin cups), push wonton wrappers all the way down and into the crevasses to take shape of cup. If you use a tray will larger muffin cups, you can overlap two wonton wrappers in each cup.
- Fill each wonton with the meat mixture and top with shredded cheese. Place the wonton trays in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until crispy and brown.
- Take the wontons out of the oven and top with tomatoes, green onion, avocado, ect. Finish with a small dollop of yogurt or sour cream. (If you prefer spicy, I recommend a little Sriracha!)