Looking for a new twist on your stuffing this year? Give this recipe a try! This dish will bring a new savory, nutty, and yet bright flavor to your table!
Wild Rice Stuffing with Walnuts & Parsley
- 10 cups of Ciabatta bread, cut into small cubes (1/2 inch)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces diced, smoked ham
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted & crushed into tiny pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- To cook the rice, combine 3 cups water and rice in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer, cover and cook until the rice is tender, about 1 hour. Drain the rice and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and let brown in a large sauce pan. Add the corn, onions, celery, red peppers, garlic and a pinch salt and sweat the vegetables until tender. Add the ham and walnuts and cook over low heat, about 2 minutes and allow to cool.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together 3 cups stock, cream, parsley and eggs and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine the rice, vegetable mixture, stock/cream mixture and bread in roasting pan and cook (covered) about 30 minutes. For another 20 minutes, cook oncovered until browned and crispy.